Jewelry Artists Network Retreat 2014 registration is now open for previous (2013) attendees.
Didn’t get to attend last year? Fill out the interest form and we’ll let you know by March1st if there are any open spots! Anyone of any skill level is welcome to attend, but please note that you will gain the most from this experience if you are able to work somewhat independently. There are no workshops or classes, just friends sharing their knowledge with one another.
DATES: OCT 5 – 12, 2014
NEW LOCATION – Todd, PA
Some information to get you thinking:
- The fee is 250 – 275.00 for the week with food being extra.We make a couple of grocery runs during the week, generally everyone pitches in $10-15 dollars once or twice. People generally eat breakfast and lunch as they wander in, but dinners are together which is great fun! We take turns cooking and cleaning up.
- We share a large house and everyone has their own bed but there are 2 (or sometimes more) beds per room. (they vary between king, queen, full, singles and bunks). We try our best not to use the trundles. There are also a couple of sleeper sofas throughout the house and some folks prefer those. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own linens as those provided must be washed, dried, AND put away prior to departure which can make for a very hectic morning.
- We work primarily in a garage, and it can be chilly in October, so we watch the weather forecast and pack accordingly.
- Everyone brings their own hand tools and materials. But everyone is good about sharing! Large equipment will be brought by various attendees and shared – rolling mill, bench shear, belt sander, bench polisher, kiln, etc.….equipment varies year to year, we try to determine what we want to do and bring what we need. (We also share tumblers, pickle pots, and some other various tools.)
- Initially the retreat was fairly structured, however, the past couple of yeas have been much more loose. If there is something you want to learn, you need to speak up and ask – everyone is VERY good about sharing what they know. We have a private Facebook group we will use for several months leading up to retreat, just for attendees, where we toss out ideas and get an idea for things people are interested in learning. This way we make sure we have the necessary materials and tools on hand.
- Travel arrangements are made independently by each attendee. Costs of travel are not included in the retreat registration.
If you have questions, please use the contact tab above.